Familiarise with the included parts
- SmartUPS Hackers PCB
- 10k Thermistor
- I2CAccessPB PCB
- 3x2 extensible female header
- 4x1 female header
- I2C Cable
- 6x1 male header
Tools and Parts Needed
- Soldering iron
- Wire (optional)
I2CAccess Point Board Assembly
- Solder 4x1 female header into I2C pins (GND, VCC, SCL, SDA) of the I2CAccessPB PCB with female connector on the bottom side. Clip leads if desired.
- Solder 3x2 extensible female header into I2CAccessPB PCB with female connector on the top side. Finished product should look like adjacent picture.
SmartUPS Hacker PCB Connections
- If needed, break or cut the 6x1 male header so that you have 3 separate 2x1 male headers.
- Connect positive of battery to hole marked with plus sign (+) in a circle, negative to the other hole. ***DO NOT connect battery with wrong polarity. This will cause damage to the SmartUPS.***
- Connect thermistor to holes in the middle of the SmartUPS. Thermistor is not polarized.
- Ensure the head of the thermistor is physically touching the battery to receive proper battery temperature and other readings.