Problem with NXTSumoEyes-v2 with EV3
 NXT and EV3   Started by Vincent Oraze   2016-05-03 12:07:32 -04:00   Comments: 3    Viewed: 360

1. I am attempting to run the SUGObot11 program on my EV3 but the EV3 brick does not recognize the NXTSumoEyes-v2 sensor.  

I am running EV3-G version 1.2.1 and the EV3 brick has firmware v1.09E.

I imported the SumoEyes brick for EV#3 (Mindsensors-NXTSumoEyes.ev3b) and can use the brick in EV3-G.

The problem that I have is that the EV3 brick does not see the SumoEyes sensor and instead substitutes the NXT Sound Sensor.

I unplugged and plugged the NXTSumoEyes-v2 sensor several times and yet the brick only sees the NXT Sound Sensor.

What am I doing wrong?  How can I get the EV3 brick to see the NXTSumoEyes-v2 sensor?

Vince
    Vincent Oraze, 2016-05-03 12:07:32 -04:00
  2. Michael Giles
    Michael Giles Member Staff Member Richmond, VA
    The EV3 performs some continues polling and read the voltage on one the lines to determine which sensor is connected to the port. The SumoEyes give off a voltage on that line similar to what is seen on the NXTSound Sensor. This will no cause no effect on any program you write. You can disregard that error and try out  your program with confidence.
    Michael Giles, 2016-05-03 12:14:28 -04:00
  3. Joey Agabiti
    Joey Agabiti Member

Michael, I have been working with the LEGO Mindstorms system, and have wanted to try using your sensors for a long time, unfortunately our students have only participated in LEGO exclusive competitions up until now. BUT we are entering into new competitions that will allow aftermarket sensors like yours.  I have the NXT Sumo Eyes - V2, and I am having a similar problem as up above. The port view in the Mindstorms Software (firmware V 1.9 Global) shows the NXT sound sensor, and on the your programming blocks (yellow tab, and orange tab blocks) with a diamond warning in the top corner where it shows the port number. I am using the SumoEyes-r1p01.evg sample project that I downloaded from your site. The EV3 screen is showing a read --Front Zone - 66 - Front -- and the program is not doing anything. it looks like the sensor is refreshing the read, because it will occasional display 65 then back to 66.

I have tried to restart the Mindstorms program, restart the computer, restart the EV3 brick and I reinstalled the EV3 firmware, and the same issue continues.

Can you offer any suggestions.

Thanks for your help,

Joey Paul Agabiti

J.P. Case Middle School, Technology Education Teacher, Robotics Club Advisor.

Game-U Flemington, Robotics Instructor.

Between my two jobs I have about a $2,000 budget to purchase parts for my different robotics programs and would like to give you some of my business.

Joey Agabiti, 2018-01-21 14:33:37 -05:00
  4. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Tems & Conditions!
Help!