PiStorms older model vs. newer model
 Hardware Related   Started by Daniel Walton   2016-05-29 11:04:30 -04:00   Comments: 4    Viewed: 554

1. According to /pdfs/PiStorms-Advanced-Development-Guide.pdf 

"PiStorms has one LED (located at the corner of Bank A for newer models, and Bank B for older models)." 

I do not see a LED on either side though.  Was there a model that did not have a LED?  I bought my PiStorms in Jan 2016.
    Daniel Walton, 2016-05-29 11:04:30 -04:00
  2. Also other than LED location what are the differences in the older model vs the newer model?
    Daniel Walton, 2016-05-29 11:05:40 -04:00
  3. Michael Giles
    Michael Giles Member Staff Member Richmond, VA
    Early versions of PiStorms had two LEDs. For some time during the development of the product is went down to only one on Bank A. Current firmware versions do not support the LED correctly and you may experience such things as only Bank B showing or possibly no LEDs lighting at all. We have since fixed this issues (as well as some motor issues) and are releasing the new firmware version in the next couple of days. I will post the link with instructions once the new firmware is available.
    Michael Giles, 2016-06-02 14:46:01 -04:00
  4. Deepak Patil
    Deepak Patil Administrator Staff Member Richmond
    New Software for PiStorms is now available, follow instructions from this url to install latest software:
    /blog/news/upgrade-your-pistorms-software-tutorial

There also is a new firmware available (after you install software, if an upgrade is needed, PiStorms should display exclamation icon on top,
    You can then upgrade the firmware by clicking on that icon).
    Deepak Patil, 2016-06-22 13:53:24 -04:00
  5. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Tems & Conditions!
Help!