realtime python, opencv Face and motion tracking demo using openelectrons pan/tilt
 Raspberry Pi   Started by Claude Pageau   2016-11-25 01:44:34 -05:00   Comments: 5    Viewed: 453

1. Greetings

I had a request from a user regarding an old buggy pan/tilt face tracking python script that was posted on the old openelectrons web site quite some time ago.  I decided to update the code and make improvements and also included an automated install bash script similar to my other github projects.  

See the new github repo here for details.  

If you decide to try this, let me know how you make out or create a github issue.  Remember this is only a demo.

Regards Claude ...
    Claude Pageau, 2016-11-25 01:44:34 -05:00
  2. Published release 0.53 25-Nov with some logic fixups  .  Code is still a little rough and variables need cleanup.  I have been testing with window_on=False in SSH console.  Looking to simplify console messaging debug and verbose.  Also ran across situation where it appears servoblaster hangs after running for a long time.  Not sure if this is because I moved sd from RPI B2 to RPI3.  Might do a fresh Jessie build for RPI3.
    Also thinking of adding option to dynamically switch haarcascades.  Also github has varlious special purpose haarcascades like cat, dog , vehicles, etc.  Might try some of these and update install script to allow auto downloading some of these as option.
    Also was thinking of option to turn on/off motion/face detection so you can have either or both.
    comments welcome
    Regards Claude ...

Claude Pageau, 2016-11-26 05:08:49 -05:00
  3. Latest releas 0.56 is more stable since limiting servo positions.  Have not seen servoblaster fail after a couple of hours running.  Still doing some tuning and may change counters over to timers.  Still does some funny things like feeding back on it's own image in the RPI monitor.  Finding false positive faces but light I am testing in is not very good.
    Claude ....
    Claude Pageau, 2016-11-26 19:16:25 -05:00
  4. Release 0.60 

Did a major rewrite to put things into functions and change to timers instead of loop counters.  general bug fixes.  Also face tracking uses serveral haarcascades for front an profile.  This version works much better than previous version.  You can install from the github repo bash script automated install per github 
    repo here
    Claude Pageau, 2016-11-29 20:17:16 -05:00
  5. Claude Pageau, 2016-11-30 14:52:04 -05:00
  6. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Tems & Conditions!