Battery
 Raspberry Pi   Started by Jordi FARAUDO   2016-11-29 09:42:30 -05:00   Comments: 11    Viewed: 427

1. Hi,

I would like to buy the rechargeable battery pack for the PiStorms, but I see that it is not in stock.

Do you expect to have it available soon?
    If not, could you suggest other options available from different suppliers?

For the moment, I am using 6 AA rechargeable batteries for powering the PiStorms (with 2 EV3 large motors and 2 sensors) but this is not very convenient.
    They discharge quite quickly and it is not convenient to be all the time removing the batteries for charging, since they are inside the robot and not easily removed.

thank you!!

Jordi FARAUDO, 2016-11-29 09:42:30 -05:00
  2. Deepak Patil
    Deepak Patil Administrator Staff Member Richmond
    Yes, we are working on replenishing the stock. We anticipate availability after Christmas Season.

thanks.
    Deepak Patil, 2016-11-29 15:38:44 -05:00
  3. Thanks for the quick response and the update! I'll love to have it.

Another question.

I do not see the capacity and voltage in the description at the web page. What is the volatge and capacity of your battery?
    The Lego Ev3 battery has 2050 mAh, 10 V, I assumed your battery has similar characteristics.

Also, you mention that a charger is supplied with the battery for US orders. If I order it from Spain, I will need also to buy a separate charger which will increase my costs. I have the official Lego 45517 transformer (10 V) for 45501 EV3 Rechargeable Battery and 8878 Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box. Is it possible to use directly this transformer to charge mindstorms PiStorms battery?

Thanks again!!
    Jordi FARAUDO, 2016-11-30 05:10:50 -05:00
    Hello,
    please tell me when batteries for Pistorms wil be available? Thanks.
    Alexander Kuznetsov, 2017-01-18 04:35:22 -05:00
  5. Hello!
    I have bought  battery for Pistorms. It has 7.4 volts. When I run the test with 2 motors system reboots (for example Motor-Run-4). If I use a power supply of 9 volts, then everything works fine. I think 7.4 volts is not enough. Dear creators could you help me to solve this problem? Thanks.
    Alexander Kuznetsov, 2017-02-28 12:34:37 -05:00
  6. Mindsensors Support
    Mindsensors Support Member Richmond
    Our engineering noticed that issue with some of early models of BatteryPack-v2, related to component tolerances.
    Can you send us a picture of your battery pack? send it to support@mindsensors.com
    Mindsensors Support, 2017-02-28 13:55:46 -05:00
  7. Alexander Kuznetsov, 2017-02-28 14:20:29 -05:00
  8. Olaf Pang
    Olaf Pang Member
    Hi,
    What is the allowed voltage range of the power supply for the PiStorms-v2? Can it take 12VDC?

Olaf Pang, 2017-05-23 10:39:26 -04:00
  9. seth10
    seth10 Member Staff Member
    Dear Pih Lung Pang,

Please see the first and second pages of the PiStorms User Guide.

From,
    Seth Tenembaum
    mindsensors.com
    seth10, 2017-05-23 12:19:01 -04:00
    Olaf Pang likes this.
  10. Olaf Pang
    Olaf Pang Member

Thanks alot for the url link to "PiStorm User Guide", that answered my question.:)

As a new customer I only got a little piece of paper with the link www.mindsensors.com/pages/304. Your website is not user friendly, I find it difficult to find information. For example:

1. Is there a document as how to assemble the robot depicted with the PiStorm module?
    2. RPi3 also have a Raspian with ROS support, Can I build a Lego robot with RPi3 with Raspian with both PiStorm and ROS packages to experiment with ROS functionality? It not, what is the reason why!

Thanks again

Olaf Pang, 2017-05-24 00:48:07 -04:00
  11. seth10
    seth10 Member Staff Member

Thank you for your feedback! Link included with the PiStorms box should walk new users through setting up their PiStorms and point them in the right direction for further Python programming. The main PiStorms page (found by clicking "PiStorms" on the main navigation bar) has links to more blog posts and other software and documents. One of these, the User Guide, has plenty of information to help users get started. These links are also on the individual PiStorms product pages (each different kit has the same links).

However, we do recognize the PiStorms can still be very confusing to new users. We are working on a set of YouTube videos to further help people get started.

Many PiStorms blog posts provide tutorials and project ideas. In fact, the very first one is on Sam the Emotional Robot! This blog post includes a full building guide. I'm glad you're interested :) If you decide to make this robot even better, consider submitting a blog post of your own to share your creation with the community!

I don't believe Robot Operating System is mentioned anywhere on the website. Please see the product page and user guide for supported systems.

seth10, 2017-05-25 11:28:21 -04:00
  12. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Tems & Conditions!
Help!