PiStorms V2 reboots over and over
 Hardware Related   Started by Peter huber   2016-12-26 05:01:57 -05:00   Comments: 4    Viewed: 201

1. Peter huber
    Peter huber Member
    Hello,
    I have the problem that de PiStorms dosn't boot anymore. He's in a cycle of booting, rebooting, once with white screen, once with black screen writing "booting"......
    I tested the RPi, its working fine with RPi OS.
    I formated the SD card and installed a new PiStorms OS.

I don't know what to do to exit this cycle of rebooting. Any one had the same problem?

Merci for your help.

Peter
    Peter huber, 2016-12-26 05:01:57 -05:00
  2. Mindsensors Support
    Mindsensors Support Member Richmond
    What is the voltage and amps of the battery that is supplying power to PiStorms?
    Mindsensors Support, 2016-12-26 12:08:50 -05:00
  3. Peter huber
    Peter huber Member
    Last time I saw it indicated 6.1V low battery.
    I replaced the 6 batteries and it boots just well.
    But it's not a good solution because the batteries holded just one day. Suposing we will use it every week-end, we will have to pay over 300 batteries. This it's not verry ecological. And the batteries are used only 1/3 of their capacitiy. 2/3 would be thrown away.
    Why the usb alimentation from de Raspberry Pi is not usabel? Why the PiStorms dosn't have à usb port like de Rspi?
    Peter huber, 2016-12-27 06:18:16 -05:00
  4. Mindsensors Support
    Mindsensors Support Member Richmond

The USB interface can not deliver enough power to run motors, and hence the USB port on Pi is not recommended to supply power to PiStorms.
    If you are using AA batteries, we recomend using rechargeable ones.
    We also have a larger battery pack with built in charger for convenient use, as follows:
    http://www.mindsensors.com/products/174-rechargeable-battery-pack
    Mindsensors Support, 2016-12-27 09:44:07 -05:00
  5. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Tems & Conditions!
Help!