Pistorms Error "Can't Read Touchscreen"
 Raspberry Pi   Started by Jeffrey Olmo   2018-02-06 02:51:16 -05:00   Comments: 2    Viewed: 392

1. Jeffrey Olmo
    Jeffrey Olmo Member
    Hi everyone. I just bought a brand-new Pistorms along with a raspberry pi running the latest pistorms image on a new sd card.  However, for some reason, when I boot up my pistorms, the touchscreen stays white and never loads. When I try to run a program from the raspberry pi that involves the pistroms, it returnes the repeating error "Can't read touchscreen." Does anyone know what the problem could be? Again, all the components are in mint condition. 

The Pistorms screen will not boot up:

When a program involving the pistorms (HelloWorld.py), the "Failed to Read Touchscreen" error is shown.
    Jeffrey Olmo, 2018-02-06 02:51:16 -05:00
  2. Matha Goram
    Matha Goram Member
    Hello!

Sorry to piggy-back off this thread but my issue is related in the sense that I would like to know if there is any diagnostic guidance for the PiStorms display screen?

I can display text (per API). However, tactile input from the display is ignored by the underlying code. None of the display pages accept any input. The initial screen has a WiFi setting button and somehow I got locked into it and all I get is a list of SSIDs plus the one that I am connected to. Also, the GO button code has no effect since the display does not wait indefinitely for any user input. After about 10+ seconds the code progresses to the next line of code (consistent/repeatable for all demo code). Of course, for testing purposes, I have the hardware anchored and use the LAN connectivity (both IP addresses LAN/WiFi are written to the router logs).

Thanks.

P.S. This is a 1st generation PiStorms with image v4.016.
    Matha Goram, 2018-04-17 22:52:42 -04:00
  3. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Tems & Conditions!
Help!