NXT and HT gyrosensor
 Software and Programming Related   Started by Merijnn S   2015-09-11 15:01:42 -04:00   Comments: 1    Viewed: 463

1. Merijnn S
    Merijnn S Member

Postby merijin0301 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:49 am

Hi,
    I'm an NXT-user and I purchased a HT Gyro-sensor. IDE is Brixcc (NXC)

It took me some time, but I got it to work to the point that I got sensible output. And when using the gyrosensor in a moc-up the angles that are calculated are quite accurate.

However :
    I built a robot (kinda like the basic tripod). The gyro-sensor is incorporated in this vehicle. When it takes a turn the number of rotations of the motors is monitored to estimate wether or not a 90 degree has been made (depending on width of- and size of tyres on vehicle). Often it's a little over the 90 degree turn.
    The angle, calculated using input from the gyro-sensor, is 80 degrees (of under!).

Is there any way around this? I read about lower gyro-reading when Motors are also engaged but also lower readings as the battery discharges.

What's more : I really need a "delay" of about 10 miliseconds or so. If I don't the reading are erratic. I understand from another source that when a value is sent no measurement can be taken during this event.

I calculate the OffSet and I use the RAW readings because I find this give the best results

Does anyone know how to solve this in a relatively simple manner (or any manner at all).

Or : Another solution to make accurate turns is also welcome. As I said : counting motor-rotations is not always accurate because of some "slip".

Merijn
    Merijnn S, 2015-09-11 15:02:16 -04:00
  2. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Tems & Conditions!
Help!