EV3 & DIST-NxL-v3 Freezing
 Hardware Related   Started by Cmdrzodd S   2015-09-11 16:15:06 -04:00   Comments: 2    Viewed: 645

1. Cmdrzodd S
    Cmdrzodd S Member

Postby CDMR_ZOD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:31 pm

I've tried everything to get this long distance sensor working properly, which it will work for a short time and then cause the EV3 brick to freeze. I've updated the firmware on the sensor to v3.10. Shortly after starting a program with the sensor in use, the brick will become unresponsive, often without ever trying to leave the program it will freeze. I also checked the firmware version by installing it using the NXT and using the firmware explorer tool on the EV3 I verified the update worked. Has anyone got any ideas on what I could try? I use a while loop to display the current distance reading and within 30 seconds the brick has frozen. Sometimes I can quickly stop the program and restart it but in a very short time it will freeze.

I am using firmware 1.03H for the EV3 and 3.10 for the IR distance sensor. The only way to reset the EV3 is to pull out on of the AA's and restart it.

Also selecting this sensor in the EV3 software on the bottom right hand brick setup panel will instantly crash the EV3 software. Would be nice if you could fix that to.
    Cmdrzodd S, 2015-09-11 16:15:26 -04:00
  2. Mindsensors Support
    Mindsensors Support Member Richmond

Postby support » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:45 pm

If your program is reading from the sensor very rapidly, the I2C subsystem in EV3 tend to freeze. Try adding a delay in your program.

The Port View of EV3 does not work well with Third Party sensors.
    Mindsensors Support, 2015-09-11 16:17:06 -04:00
  3. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Tems & Conditions!
Help!