Tips on detecting bowling pins using NXTCam-v4
Several users asked if NXTCam can detect the bowling pins used in WRO University Regular Category “WRO Bowling” Game.
- To detect these pins you will need to use a tele-lens for your NXTCam.
- Ensure that the NXTCam is configured correctly for the color of the pins in the target lighting conditions.
- There may be other stray objects detected in your view,
- Examine the images that you get and in your program, and implement logic to eliminate erroneous detections.
- For example, the width to height ratio of the detected objects should meet certain criteria,
- If you have multiple pins, distance between multiple objects should meet certain criteria.
Below is a test image of object detection in NXTCamView application.